Research: File Traders Buy Records.
More supportive data for the mediAgora thesis that people will buy things they hear:
10.1% of 12-17-year-olds who actively download music from the Internet did not purchase a single CD or cassette in the last 12 months.
Or 90% 12-17-year-olds did purchase CDs even though they actively download music from the Internet. In other words, the record industry is having excellent penetration in a market where most of its audience doesn't have a paying job. As for the other 10% can you honestly assume all would have bought CDs if there were no file trading?