What are the top five issues you think are important in the world of social media in business? What keeps you up at night? What should be taking centre stage at BlogOn 2005?
Suw's Blogon Event is designed to explain to corporations how blogs can work for them, so my questions are for those embarking on a public corporate blogging project:
- Are you ready to talk honestly in public, and avoid the ritualised language of press releases?
- Can you accept that having your words easily indexed and found is an advantage rather than a problem?
- Are you prepared to join the conversation, by linking, tagging and comments, and responding to criticism on your own blog?
- Do you realise that faking blogs is worse than ignoring them?
- Will you remember that the Web is made by people, not machines, and if you abuse their trust, they will tell everyone about it?
I'd like to pass this on to Tom Coates, danah boyd and Doc.